Saturday, January 7, 2023

In which we start over, sort of

I have another "starting over" post set for next week but this is kinda different. Different KINDS of starting over. First I spent some time re-evaluating my campaign. Players needed to "direction." Stumbled acrtoss Colville's old "lore delivery system" video AND Baron Garop's "Plan Your Campaign in One Hour" (or is it evening?) BOTH provided some GREAT suggestions that I'd overlooked. Or rather had SEEN and TRIED to implement but hadn't gotten done well. So I grabbed a trusty spreadsheet and FIXED things. List of populated areas. List of Towers. List of "other special locations." Then EVERYTHING got linked to at LEAST two others. Now wherever they go they SHOULD be able to find at least ONE piece of candy. The session immediately following this re-start yielded a LARGE lore dump, but it all fit into the role playing and seemed seemless. We'll see if these bits are enough to get them "back on track." The second "start over" is with my economics system. Gotta get a few kinks worked out. My various and sundry "metalsmiths" need cleaned up. Most other products are in good shape but I DID design a wonderful "harvested products" system that never got used and now I need to revisit it so I CAN implement it if it DOES come into play. Additionally I made some decisions when I set this thing up about what did and did not exist. I now want to flesh it out just a tad more. Example: horses are scarce (ie expensive) but mules and donkey's might need to be more plentiful. Need to address. Need to add a few resources like alabaster and obsidian. Third I need to "start over" with my mapping and infrastructure development. Hourglass will be a challenge. Probably have it done by spring: sooner if needed, put off if bypassed. Alexis over at Tao is doing yeoman's work. And my fourth project for 2023 is to work on a randome encounter generator. Been using the tables from Infinium Game Studio. Wanna automate it. Like I did with their Interaction charts. Enjoy yor year!

No comments:

Post a Comment